Here are some insider tips for Converting Step Vans into Food Trucks, from the stance of a leading new and used step van dealer, MAG Trucks. Over the past ten years, MAG Trucks has been providing reliable step vans for food trucks and food truck builders across the nation! As a fully integrated step van dealership and upfitter, MAG Trucks stocks a large inventory of new and used vehicles, with access to hundreds of step vans that vary in mileage, year, models, and price, and are perfect solutions to bringing your custom food truck from vision to fruition. MAG Trucks has partnered with some of the highest quality food truck builders across the country to provide the perfect walk-in van that will be upfitted to a custom food truck. Companies like APEX Specialty Vehicles and Turtle Transit use MAG Trucks as their source for step vans for food trucks.
Tips for Converting Step Vans into Food Trucks
MAG Trucks is centrally located just outside of the Kansas City area, but delivers step vans across the nation within 7-14 days. From Kansas City area to either coast or even across the ocean, MAG Trucks hires the most dependable delivery drivers to ensure your new or used step van is delivered to you on-time, as you specified, and without issues. We understand the importance of a food truck builder receiving the truck punctually, as there are modifications, design and engineering, graphics, and equipment installation to take place before being delivered to the food truck owner. Here are some Tips for Converting Step Vans into Food Trucks:
- Ask for pictures of the specific unit. MAG Trucks posts pictures and videos of units on our website and our YouTube page, which helps the customer visually enter the step van and anticipate the updates needed to bring the unit to food truck standards.
- Does the dealer have a warranty? If so, what is included/excluded?
- Did the step van undergo a mechanical inspection? Can you get a copy of the report? MAG has an in-house mechanical team that inspects every used step van upon arrival at the MAG lot.
- Does the dealer offer financing options? Some dealers offer financing options, and out of those, many have higher than standard rates. MAG keeps the rates competitive with outside lenders, aimed at making the transition for our customers an all-in-one type of experience.
- Delivery timeline: Does the customer arrange delivery? Does the dealer? What's the timeline?
- Will the dealer upfit anything that can be done before the customer receives the truck? MAG has the ability to upfit the truck to fit your needs - from adding a window, cutout, serving window, awning, etc... MAG can ease the fabrication timeline by getting it done in house and within your timeline.
The MAG Trucks all-encompassing experience also includes financing options, which create a more streamlined, and easier purchasing process. As the reputable and leading go-to for food truck builders when it comes to their new and used step vans for food trucks, many DIY-ers also utilize MAG’s step vans for food trucks. The logic is simple… if you purchase a truck that is not operable or reliable, your food truck business will lose out on business, decreasing ROI and success rate.