As a step van dealer to Independent Service Provider contractors, MAG Trucks answering some of our clients' questions in this MT45 and MT55 Step Van Comparison. From gas to diesel and step van to a box truck, so many factors go into buying the best step van for your Independent Contractor route. Let's explore one of the big differences that factor into the price of the step vans: MT45 and MT55 Step Van Comparison.
Difference #1: Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)
- The MT45 increased their GVWR to 14,140 - 19,000 pounds.
- The MT55 is a heavy-duty vehicle that has a gross vehicle weight rating of between 20,000 - 30,000 pounds.
Difference #2: Payload Capacity
- The MT45 medium-duty step van has a payload capacity up to 10,000 pounds, which makes this a prime solution for freight delivery, Independent Contractor routes, local transport, service delivery, parcel delivery, and food trucks.
- The MT55 offers a payload capacity of up to 19,000 pounds, making it a suitable choice for larger payload applications, like delivery and service contractor trucks.
Difference #3: Volume
- The MT45 can accept bodies of up to 22ft in length, and accept volumes of up to 1,150 cubic feet. The MT55 can accept freight up to 1,500 cubic feet.
- The medium-duty MT-45 and heavy-duty MT-55 are both designed to deliver increased productivity and efficiency in your daily operations and have proven to be great solutions for Independent contractors.
Need an MT45 or MT55? Allow MAG Trucks to help you out. As the nation's largest selection of new and used step vans, MAG can support your needs with exceptional customer service, finance options, and quick delivery (7-14 days nationwide).
- We have over 100 new trucks on the ground and available at any time (two chassis/body manufacturers and 4 difference sizes per manufacturer)
- Our lot has over 50 used/reconditioned trucks available at any time. All of these have been upfitted specifically for parcel delivery/ Independent contractors, and offer budget-conscious solutions to truck buying.
- MAG can have your new or used truck delivered to you nationwide within 7-14 days.
- We offer finance options and have competitive rates. Our finance process is easy, quick, and straightforward. Give us a call to get started or fill out a credit app! 816-820-0567