MAG Trucks has a decade-long relationship with food truck builders from across the United States. By providing the highest level of customer service, selection and warranty satisfaction, MAG has been recognized as the go-to dealer for food truck manufacturers.
Food truck builders obviously need a step van before they can proceed with the customers project. There are several things on their backend that can be done while waiting for the delivery of the step van, but that time is ticking. The food truck builder doesn't have the ability to delay their timeline based upon the availability of a step van. MAG Trucks offers nationwide delivery of our step vans within 7-14 days. This can significantly reduce your down time and allow fabricators to do what they do best - the actual build and fabrication process. Let's check out some tips on how to choose the perfect vehicle when Building Out Step Vans for Food Trucks.
- Ask the dealer for pictures of specific units. A step van dealer should offer to send you pictures of the units you’re interested in, or have them included on their websites. Some step van dealers like MAG take it a step further and will take an actual video walkthrough. Pictures (and videos) of units are available on MAG’s website and YouTube page, which allows the customer to visualize walking through the step van.
- Understand what modifications (if any) have been done to the step van. As a food truck builder, this can alter your production schedule as well as your design and engineering needs. If there are specific modifications you'd like done before receiving the step van, some dealers like MAG have an in-house fabrication team that can complete the fabrication. This may be a helpful service that could save your team some resources, expenses and time if the work could be done before reaching the food truck builders facility.
- Does the dealer have a warranty? If so, what is included/excluded? Get a copy of the warranty and become familiar with it. This will be imperative when you present the completed food truck build to the end users (their customer) so it is understood where to take the step van for any repairs.
- Was a mechanical inspection performed? If so, ask for a copy of the inspection report. Step van dealers like MAG typically have an in-house mechanical team that performs inspections on every used step van as they arrive at the lot, and before they are released for public purchase.
- Finance options. Ask about finance options if you already don’t have something set up on your end. Some dealers offer financing options, however many have higher than standard rates. MAG keeps the rates competitive with outside lenders, aimed at making the transition for our customers an all-in-one type of experience. The process is very easy – simply complete the application here.
- Delivery timeline. As mentioned before, many food truck manufacturers have tight deadlines, and the delivery of the step van is crucial. The customer should ask who arranges delivery, what is the expected timeline? Cost?
Step vans are continuing to grow in popularity and business sustainability. As a food truck builder, it's key to establish a relationship with a step van dealer that you can trust. The relationship with a step van dealer can truly be your make or break with your client! Let MAG Trucks help you select the right step van for your food truck needs. Get started here: https://www.magtrucks.com/contact/