Whether you've decided to add additional routes to your existing ISP business, or you've secured financing on your first route; both scenarios need a reliable step van that meets ISP standards. This article will provide some tips and serve as a basic guide for Things to Know When Buying an ISP Truck. With over ten years of experience in supplying Independent Service Providers nationwide with new and quality refurbished trucks, MAG Trucks has the experience, knowledge, and experienced team to assist you along the way, and has done so for hundreds of contractors across the nation.
Things to Know When Buying an ISP Truck
With seconds of a quick google search, you can find hundreds of step vans that seem to be suitable for ISP contractors, however you should take the time to dig below the surface. Not all trucks listed are ISP certified and specifically uplifted to meet the needs of delivery contractors. The trucks could be posted for sale by individuals without the knowledge and capabilities to modify an existing step van to meet ISP standards. The trucks could be in horrible mechanical condition and you would have no idea. Let's check out the below list of questions to consider when speaking with the seller about their listing.
- Will you be financing?
- Do you already have a lender? Have you been pre-approved? What is your estimated payment?
- If you need to finance, and do not have an existing lender, does the seller have a financing option?
- If the seller is an individual and not a dealer, the chances of having financial is not likely. Dealers like MAG Trucks offer competitive rates with a notification approval process of 24 hours.
- The credit application for MAG Trucks is available on the website, which allows you to get a jump-start on the process. This will certainly push along the process in a quicker fashion, so once financing is secured, and the truck is picked out, you're ready to arrange for delivery!
- What are your specific vehicle needs - do you have a style, model, year, length, etc. in mind?
- When searching for step vans, many ISP contractors have found MAG Trucks to have the largest selection of new and used step vans, on the ground and ready to be delivered. Centrally located in Kansas City, Missouri, MAG Trucks has access to locations across the country and can deliver anywhere within 7-10 days.
- MAG has over 100 new trucks on the ground, ready to be delivered. Both Ford & Freightliner are options. Check out our new inventory here.
- MAG has the largest selection of used trucks, with over 50 step vans on our lot, already ISP ready. They can be delivered to you nationwide within 7-14 days. Check out our used inventory here.
- Do you have an inspection team or mechanic onsite?
- Individual sellers do not typically have an inspection team that requires rigid mechanical inspections. Dealers like MAG Trucks have an onsite mechanic and team that performs a 100-point inspection and repairs any issues before putting the step van out on the lot to sell.
- Will you pick your step van up, or have it delivered? What is your timeframe?
- It's important to allow time for the truck buying process. There are certainly factors that can push the process along and eliminate delays, including securing financing, and selecting a truck.
- What type of warranty does the truck purchase come with?
- It's critical MAG has a reputable warranty, and honors the manufacturers warranty. Let us know if you'd like specific information.
- What are your options for new vs. used step vans?
- When considering new and used options when purchasing an ISP Truck, it may be helpful to research and come up with a list of pros/cons for both. If you're looking for a brief article outlining the differences in new and used step vans, see this related article: Comparing New and Used Step Vans
If you're ready to take the next step and find the right step van for your needs, MAG's team is available to answer your specific questions and direct you to the right truck to fit your needs. Feel free to give us a call at 888.503.7481