What's the big difference between the MT45 and MT55? As a step van dealer to Independent Service Provider contractors, MAG Trucks has provided vehicles for hundreds of routes across the USA. Let's review a few questions on What's the Big Difference between the MT45 and MT55 Step Vans. From gas to diesel and shelving to back-up camera, so many factors go into buying the best step van for each specific route. One big difference between the two styles is the price, so let's understand what is comprised of the differences in pricing.
Difference #1: Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR)
- The MT45 increased its GVWR from 14,140 to 19,000 pounds.
- The MT55 is a heavier-duty vehicle that has a GVWR of between 20,000 - 30,000 pounds.
Difference #2: Payload Capacity
What does payload capacity mean?
A vehicle's payload capacity is the amount of weight the vehicle can carry within the truck bed. Anything inside of the step van vehicle, whether it be cargo or passengers, counts towards the vehicle's payload.
- The MT45 medium-duty step van has a payload capacity up to 10,000 pounds, which makes this a prime solution for freight delivery, Independent Contractor routes, local transport, service delivery, parcel delivery, and food trucks.
- The MT55 offers a payload capacity of up to 19,000 pounds, making it a suitable choice for larger payload applications, like delivery and service contractor trucks.
Difference #3: Volume
- The MT45 has a body of up to 22ft in length and accepts volumes of up to 1,150 cubic feet.
- The MT55 can accept freight up to 1,500 cubic feet.
- The medium-duty MT45 and heavy-duty MT55 are both designed to deliver increased productivity and efficiency in your daily operations and have proven to be great solutions for Independent contractors. Both are suitable solutions for many ISP contractors, so knowing what is better for your fleet is imperative.
Need an MT45 or MT55? Allow MAG Trucks to help you out. As the nation's largest selection of new and used step vans, MAG can support your needs with exceptional customer service, finance options, and quick delivery (7-14 days nationwide).
- We have over 100 new trucks on the ground and available at any time, all refurbished with custom shelving, jump seat, and a back-up camera.
- The MAG lot has over 50 used/reconditioned trucks available at any time. All of these have been refurbished specifically for parcel delivery/ ISP contractors, and offer budget-conscious solutions to truck buying.
- MAG has nationwide delivery within 7-14 days.
- We offer finance options and competitive rates. Our finance process is easy, quick, and straightforward.
Ready for a quote? Get started here.