Just as summer is coming to a close, it’s that time of year again for ISP contractors to gear up for the hectic season, so let’s look at helpful ways of Finding Step Vans for Peak Season.
As a contractor and business owners, truck buying can seem like a tedious and time-consuming task. MAG Trucks has been providing new and used step vans to ISP contractors for over ten years, and continues to hold the largest inventory on our lot, ready to be delivered nationwide within 7-14 days. Let us support you so you can focus on your business. Here are some tips for buying new and used step vans.
Finding Step Vans for Peak Season
Not all step van dealers are created equal. Only a select few have the certifications and approval processes in place to modify used step vans for ISP contractors, including custom shelving, decals, jump seat, etc. Let’s take a look at how MAG Trucks does this, and why we continue to offer the largest selection.
First, the process begins with the truck. We buy fleets of used step vans from verified off lease programs. The use of the trucks in their previous lifetime ranges from linen and medical delivery trucks to beverage trucks. With our vast knowledge and extensive experience in the used ISP trucks industry, MAG Trucks is confident in knowing what to look for when purchasing step van fleets. We are able to get the trucks in large quantities, driving our cost down, consequently passing those savings on to our independent contractors.
Second, every unit goes through the same inspection process when MAG Trucks modifies used ISP Trucks. MAG has an onsite mechanic that performs a DOT inspection, along with a standard 100-point inspection to ensure the truck is operating to our standards.
Third, as we continue to explain how MAG Trucks modifies Used ISP Trucks, it’s important to understand the stringency of guidelines for used ISP trucks. Every truck leaves the manufacturing floor looking like a brand new truck.
Every truck outfitted in our shop will receive the following:
Gets the current paint blasted off and repainted
Brand new full color back up camera
Sliding locking bulk head
Install your decals (optional)
The fourth element of upfitting used step vans for Independent contractors, because contractors have tight schedules, is delivery. MAG offers a nationwide delivery service for your convenience. Our fully insured professional staff of drivers can deliver your step vans within days of production being completed.
New Step Vans obviously carry a higher price tag than used options. New step vans range from $50,000 – $80,000, depending on several factors, which we will discuss below.
- Full factory warranty – bumper to bumper
- Reduced down time (brand new vehicle, so essentially nothing should go wrong)
- No previous vehicle maintenance history
- Brand new – essentially zero miles
- Finance term is longer
- Potentially lower finance rates on new step vans
- Nationwide delivery from MAG Trucks
- Cost (but with the higher price tag comes owner peace of mind that the truck is covered under warranty, and should have few issues to begin with)
- Potential lead time of receiving a new step van
- If an issue arises, a disadvantage could be dealing with OEM and the certified service department’s lead time
- If your maintenance hubs for warranty work are not within your immediate area, you may have to travel to reach one.
Finding Step Vans for Peak Season – Used Options
Used Step Vans are a most cost-conscious options, as the price range is between $20,000 – $40,000. See the pros and cons listed below.
- Cost (lower cost upfront)
- 3rd party warranty options
- MAG Trucks is a preferred trusted vendor
- Better chance for finance approval due to the lower principal amount
- MAG Trucks offers nationwide delivery
- More variety for maintenance hubs
- Faster turnaround time, as MAG Trucks has a lot of used truck options
- View inventory and truck specific truck information online
- Unsure of potential vehicle maintenance history
- Purchase of the step van does not include a factory warranty
- Niche market, resulting in harder to find used step vans
- Financing will typically be shorter terms
If warranty is a concern, we should put you at ease with our warranty. All certified units come with 12 month/100k mile engine only warranties, however we offer up to 24 month/200k engine/transmission/drive train warranty.
As you spend some time comparing new and used step vans, make sure you have a list of what you value as the most important factors. Does price rank? Is reduction of down time critical? Is maintenance hub proximity critical? Is turnaround time? Peak time is upon us, so finding step vans for peak season can be a pleasant experience… just ask the experts at MAG!