Not all used step vans are built to the same standards and specifications, so let’s take a look at the top benefits of purchasing reconditioned step vans specifically from MAG Trucks.
For over a decade, MAG Trucks has provided ISP contractors, linen companies, food truck builders and general contractors across the nation with the highest-performing and most-efficient reconditioned step vans. This is primarily because of MAG’s thorough and meticulous process. Let’s explore some of the top benefits of purchasing reconditioned step vans for these specific industries.
Benefit #1: Cost
Obviously a used step van costs less than a new step van. Depending on the make, model, year, and mileage, a used step van can be upfitted to meet the standards of a new truck with very minimal wear and tear. In addition, MAG Trucks offers in-house financing options, and there’s typically a higher rate of approval for used step van financing versus a new step van. The application process at MAG is very easy, and quick … click here to begin the online credit application.
Benefit #2: Experienced ISP Contractor Build-outs
At MAG Trucks, we specialize in transforming used trucks into step vans that are ISP-contractor ready and equipped with many options including approved shelving and a custom paint application.
Each step van goes through the same inspection process when MAG Trucks modifies used step vans. The process is standard and as follows:
- Once delivered to the Kansas City area MAG facility, all used step vans will be checked in by one of our trained and licensed production team members
- All step vans undergo a road drive test
- Units are plugged into the computer for diagnosis
- Based on the issues that arise, the step vans are not only mechanically repaired back to DOT standards, but also above and beyond to ISP standards
- Finished, reconditioned step vans are placed on the lot, ready for immediate purchase
All steps in the reconditioning process are done in-house in our 50,000 square-foot facility. Each truck will receive the following:
- ISP shelving
- Brand new fire extinguishers and safety triangles
- New industrial enamel exterior white paint
- Brand new full color back up camera
- Jump seating up to industry standards
- Sliding locking bulkhead
- Installed decals (optional)
- An on-site mechanic will bring all units to proper PM levels
Benefit #3: Ready to Drive Off the Lot… or Be Delivered
MAG Trucks has over 40 used route-ready step vans on their lot; reconditioned, and ready to join a fleet. From P500 to P1200, gas or diesel, one of the top benefits of purchasing reconditioned step vans is the convenience of ordering a step van and picking it up after confirmation of the purchase. MAG is one of the select upfitters that will arrange for shipment of the step van to you across the country within 7-10 days. This reduces down-time, especially when peak season hits and you cannot afford to have any of your vehicles out of commission.
MAG Trucks make truck buying simple, efficient, and affordable again. View our inventory to see for yourself.
As you spend some time comparing new and used step vans, make sure you have a list of what you value as the most important factors. Where does price rank in your overall purchasing decision? Is reduction of down time critical? Is maintenance hub proximity critical? What about turnaround time? The MAG Trucks website has all of our new and used step vans available to browse. Give us a call and speak with our team – 800.888.4614.