What to Look for When Purchasing an ISP Truck
Whether you’re just stepping into the world of Independent contracting and operating your own business, or if you have 10+ routes, MAG Trucks has some tips on What to Look For When Purchasing an ISP Truck. As an ISP dealer for Independent Contractor’s trucks, MAG has compiled a list of things to consider when purchasing another truck to add to your route or fleet.
#1: New vs. Used – below are some advantages and disadvantages of New & Used step vans. You can find the full article, Comparing New and Used Step Vans, for additional info.
New Step Vans
New Step Vans obviously carry a higher price tag than the used options. New step vans range from $50,000 – $80,000, depending on several factors, which we will discuss below.
- Full factory warranty – bumper to bumper
- Reduced down time (brand new vehicle, so essentially nothing should go wrong)
- No previous vehicle maintenance history
- Brand new – essentially zero miles
- Finance term is longer
- Potentially lower finance rates on new step vans
- Nationwide delivery from MAG Trucks
- Cost (but with the higher price tag comes owner peace of mind that the truck is covered under warranty, and should have few issues to begin with)
- Potential lead time of receiving a new step van
- If an issue arises, a disadvantage could be dealing with OEM and the certified service department’s lead time
If your maintenance hubs for warranty work are not within your immediate area, you may have to travel to reach one.
Used Step Vans
Used Step Vans are cost-conscious options, as the price range is between $20,000 – $40,000. See the pros and cons listed below.
- Cost (lower cost upfront)
- 3rd party warranty options
- MAG Trucks is a preferred trusted vendor
- Better chance for finance approval due to the lower principal amount
- MAG Trucks offers nationwide delivery
- More variety for maintenance hubs
- Faster turnaround time, as MAG Trucks has a lot of used truck options
- View inventory and truck specific truck information online
- Unsure of potential vehicle maintenance history
- Purchase of the step van does not include a factory warranty
- Niche market, resulting in harder to find used step vans
- Financing will typically be shorter terms
Other Tips on What to Look for When Purchasing an ISP Truck
#2: Financing Options:
MAG Trucks aims to make the financing process simple, quick, and competitive. Our rates are competitive with other lenders, and we strive to grant approval notification within 1 business day. Get started on your credit application now!
#3: Delivery and Turnaround Time:
Time is money. We understand the urgency of securing your truck of choice, being approved for financing, and having your truck delivered to your location. We make it easy – we will deliver your truck within 7-14 days to your location nationwide. Check out our inventory to select your truck and get started.